On 16/03/2010 20:19, Lehr, Theodore wrote:
Any good tuts on recursive functions in as3?

I am basically making an org chatr and would love to have one function to run
through some xml to build the org chart (import a pic and name) and place them
in the right position based on the xml. My xml would look something like:

<person pid='5' pparent='0' pimage='image5.jpg'>
<person pid='4' pparent='5' pimage='image4.jpg'>

I have the code working from one person.... I just would love to find a way to
make a recursive function to go through all the xml entries....

Your XML should really be more like:

<person pid='5' pimage='image5.jpg'>
        <person pid='4' ' pimage='image4.jpg'/>
</person>

You should then be able to iterate through .