Hi

I have the same exact question as moveup.

I am trying to achieve an effect similar to the 3D User switching effect in
OSX.

Would implementing Papervision 3D be overkill for something like this?

Or is there an 'open source' solution available somewhere that uses matrix
transformations, etc.

My concerns for implementing this in order of priority are:
1) Must be AS2 compatible (but ideally easilly upgraded to AS3)
2) File size, don't want to add 80k in code to achieve this!
3) Learning curve, I need to implement within 2 days!!

Whats a good 2010 answer to that thread ? I looked some links, but they re
all in Flex, I need good old flash as3.
Concerning file size, whats the best option ? Five3D ?
And i'ld like to use vector/bitmap content

I'd really like to get started, but I have no starters....

Thanks