Hi
I have used martijndevisser ImageLoader.as and it has smoothing and it works with FP 7 & 8.

Google martijndevisser ImageLoader.as
I believe there is even a AS3 version now.

He has an interesting way about getting the image smoothed.
The originally loaded image by the end is removed and a bitmap is copied into a blank MC. I have used it on a few of my projects and they date back to FP 7, I think even FP 6. Been a minute.
He doesn't use a directive "forceSmooth", that may be FP 9.

HTH

Karl