From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Boerner,
Brian J
Sent: Thursday, 3 June 2010 6:55 AM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: [Flashcoders] RIA Secure Coding

This one is for all the RIA developers on the list. I haven't really
seen secure coding widely addressed here but was hoping someone had
knowledge that could get me started.

I'm leading effort to develop flash coding standards in corporate
environment so there are fewer (or no) security risks and so there's a
knowledge base of what to look for. I gather that this is not an
exciting topic for FC but I have to do a thorough job documenting
vulnerabilities, best practices, common pitfalls.

I'm hoping someone here has had to wrestle with security for financial
app or hotel booking...  I understand that the player itself is the main
concern but I don't know how it can be hacked... I don't even want to
google 'hacking flash' for fear an adobe goon will hunt me down (and
take my iPod touch).

Any of you familiar with OWASP? I have to write a report based on these
top ten vulnerabilities (link).

I can see the value but it hurts my web designer brain :^)
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Top_Ten_Project

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.