From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Ktu
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 1:45 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Job Openings at Bank of America for US/Canada
and UK candidates

I am a developer. I code. I can barely design buttons. Layout is not as
hard.
Are there actually people out there who are "Instructional Technology
Architects (senior-level positions)" in there ability to code and who
also "consider yourself a good graphic interface designer, not just have
a mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator or Fireworks?

I've always been curious.    :\

Ktu

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Merrill, Jason <
jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:

> Once again, we have some job openings on my team at Bank of America.
> We have at least one job for a North American-based candidate and one
> or more for positions in London, UK.
>
> These are not entry level positions, nor do we seek intermediate level

> candidates. We have one of the best internal e-learning organizations
> in the industry and we have many instructional technology developers
> in our larger team, but these positions are for the "special ops" team

> of Instructional Technology Architects (senior-level positions) I am
> on. We don't just do the simple page-turner WBTs all the time - we
> build re-usable e-learning solutions, components, and systems.  We are

> looking for what we call "e-learning rock stars" - candidates with the

> following REQUIRED skills and talents (if you don't have these, then
> you probably shouldn't apply).
>
> 1.      Advanced knowledge of Actionscript 3.0 - meaning, you are
> comfortable writing all of your Actionscript in classes using
> object-oriented methods. You can do things like create and dispatch
> custom events, work with XML, create a code architecture, etc. You can

> create rich e-learning experiences in Flash or Flex and have a
> portfolio you can show that demonstrates this.
> 2.      You have a good visual portfolio of work you have done.
Meaning,
> you consider yourself a good graphic interface designer, not just have

> a mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator or Fireworks.
> 3.      You have e-learning background and experience. An advanced
> degree in a related field is preferred.  You understand adult learning

> theory and could switch into the role of an instructional designer if
> you had to (not that you would in this position, you wouldn't, but
> there is some collaboration with IDs where this helps immensely)
>
> Those three skills are required.  Other desired skills would be (not
> necessarily required- obviously, we can't expect all of these, but
> some would be nice):
>
> 1.      Knowledge of the Adobe Flex framework
> 2.      Knowledge of HTML/Javascript/AJAX
> 3.      Knowledge of SCORM, LMS and LCMS systems
> 4.      Knowledge of Lectora / Saba Publisher
> 5.      Knowledge of Adobe's video and sound editing tools
> 6.      Knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint - especially if you know
CAML