Are there known issues with the HTMLLoader method?

No success at all with it: I have CS4, and building with AIR 1.5, and
can only get one result: a white box when the content loads (whether
html or pdf). I have tried many options: local documents, site urls (as
in Adobe's eg below), PDF, straight html, and PDF embedded into html.
Tried it at work and at home to eliminate possibility of some obscure
security setting.

Here's Adob'es own example from Live docs, which I've implemented
exactly (without success):

public function HTMLLoaderExample()

        {

            var html:HTMLLoader = new HTMLLoader();

            var urlReq:URLRequest = new
URLRequest("http://www.adobe.com/";);

            html.width = stage.stageWidth;

            html.height = stage.stageHeight;

            html.load(urlReq);

            addChild(html);

        }

I've seen many posts about transaprency, but that isn't the issue (my
app.xml has transparency set to false).

Some mention adding the content to a UIComponent once the document is
loaded. Tried that.

I'm stumped by this, as I see exactly the same script for this process
everywhere, including the AIR 1.5 Cookbook. I'm beginning to think it's
a fiction.

Any advice or tips much appreciated.

Tony Fairfield
Programmer