Hi.

I'm not certain why HTMLLoader's event isn't firing, but you could track if
the app is or is not being interacted with via NativeApplication, like this:

private const IDLE_TIME:uint = 120;

// set us up the user idle detection
NativeApplication.nativeApplication.idleThreshold = IDLE_TIME;
NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.USER_IDLE,
userIdleHandler);

You can also track an event for when the user begins interacting with the
app after it has been left idle:

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.addEventListener(Event.USER_PRESENT,
userPresentHandler);

I used this on a touch screen kiosk app that we use at Delvinia in place of
a receptionist.

I hope that helps. :)

-[a]-