I've had experienced problems with Facebook Connect on IE only. In my case,
the user wouldn't even be able to log in, so I'm not sure this is the same
problem you're experiencing. But anyway, maybe it's worth checking this:

http://wiki.github.com/facebook/connect-js/custom-channel-url

<http://wiki.github.com/facebook/connect-js/custom-channel-url>Basically, I
set explicitly the channelUrl on initialization, like in the example and put
the channel.html file at the same level that the xd_receiver.html file that
is used for working around JS cross-domain issues. And it solved the
problem.

If I recall correctly, this custom channel url workaround is necessary only
if your app isn't loaded within FB, as opposed to an external site that just
uses Facebook Connect. (Or was it the other way around?)

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano