Hi Kevin,

I think its Capabilities.os
(http://www.adobe.com/livedocs/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/flash/system/Capabilities.html#os)

And the properties you were taling about; Capabilities.touchscreenType are
only available in AIR 2.5 for Android prerelease but this is going live
tomorrow ;)

Have fun!

Sidney

>   No way to tell?
>
> Kevin N.
>

> On 10/2/10 3:06 AM, Kevin Newman wrote:
>>  Hi,
>> Anyone know how to detect the iPhone version a Flash CS5 iPhone app is
running on? I have a game that runs at 59.1 FPS on a 3GS or ~45FPS on
an older iPod touch.
>> I'd like to be able to detect which device the app is running on, so I
can throttle back the FPS, to 30 or 40 on slower hardware (30 for
iPhone 3G which is slightly less powerful on paper, than iPod touch
2g).
>> BTW, the frameskip feature isn't very smooth (I'm using the
>> ENTER_FRAME/stage.invalidate()/RENDER method).
>> Thanks,
>> Kevin N.

Sidney de Koning - "If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come
up with something original"
Flash / AIR Developer @ www.funky-monkey.nl
Actionscript 3 Teacher @  www.sae.nl
Technical Writer @ www.insideria.com
Blogger @ www.funky-monkey.nl/blog/

3GB free storage you can sync with your mobile device or Mac or PC. Check
out https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTI1MjcxMzk