I think this could help you

http://senocular.com/flash/actionscript/files/ActionScript_3.0/com/senocular
/drawing/Path.as

> From: Jiri <jiriheitla...@googlemail.com>
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:08:48 +0200
> To: Flash Coders List <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
> Subject: [Flashcoders] Path/Point interpolator
>
> hello,
>
> I have an array of points that define a path. I would like to
> interpolate the complete path, so that I can move an object along that
> path based on a position.
> So for instance when I tell the interpolator to move to postion .5 it
> would be in the middle of the path, based offcourse of the interpolator
> step/interval size.
>
> for instance:
>
> interpolator.interval = 3 pixels;
> interpolator.getPositionAt(.5) // would be the middle position.
>
> The solution I am after is that I dont want to precalculate all the
> positions up front, I would like to calulcate the position 'on the fly'
> so to say.
>
> Could someone give me a hint on how to tackle this.
>
> Much appreciated.
>
> Jiri

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is
addressed and contains valuable
business information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or
otherwise protected from disclosure.

If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to
disclai...@tbwachiat.com and
please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We
appreciate your cooperation.