> Have you tried putting everything in a fresh new .fla?  Sometimes .flas get
> corrupt. And are you using a document class?

Hi Jason, thanks for responding.

Yes, I'm using a document class.  I haven't rebuilt the swf.  I will try that.
What's strange is that as of 10 minutes ago, it's compiling.  But that has been
no guarantee, as it has been periodically not compiling for about two days now.
 I thought it might have been a corrupted component or graphic, but that
doesn't seem to be the case as meticulously deleting individual library members
didn't make a difference in trying to publish.

If I rebuild the fla, I want to make it as lightweight as possible.  I've
written 36 classes for this project, totaling 430kb, with a few more still to
go.  Additionally, I'm importing some third party classes.  I'm wondering if
I'm running into some undocumented as3 code limit.

One thing I was wondering about but can't find documentation is in the Advanced
ActionScript 3.0 Settings panel in publish settings.  I have no idea about the
source path/library path/config constants tabs, but maybe it's sucking in too
much to handle?  When it "decides" it wants to compile, it takes a very long
time to do so.

- MM