To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:01 PM
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] How to utilize this code:public staticconst:
Needhelp understanding...

those constants serve no purpose, as to get to them you have to know their
package anyway.

OK, but one of those constants DOES contain the package name. And how do you know they serve no purpose? You're right that they serve no code-purpose in that class, but they could in theory be used outside the class from an interface perspective.

I'm not suggesting they use getDefinitionByName() with the constant, as I said, that may just be odd metadata. I was just answering the question about what values like that can be used for.

so I guess

Yes, right - we're really just guessing what they put those constants in for, since they don't serve a purpose inside the method implementations internally in the class.

Jason Merrill
Instructional Technology Architect
Bank of America  Global Learning