Hello,

I am very new to implementing Flash and ActionScript so forgive me if I am
way off base.

I have an application that utilizes the date and time.  It is imperative
that this is correct and not from the client's machine.  To get the server
date/time, I can pass it in as a FlashVars or I can call a PHP script from
within Flash and load the date as returned data from the call.  Is there
another way?  Is one way more secure than another?  I have read FlashVars is
not "safe" but it always referenced passing passwords in.  I am not
concerned with the user SEEING the data, I just don't want them to be able
to load the SWF in a way that they would be able to pass in their own
values.

Also, in a similiar fashion, I want to load some data from a database.  I am
using a MySQL backend and figure to use a PHP script to do the data
manipulation I need then call the data from within my ActionScript.
 (Essentially, I am going to be loading some images from the database based
on criteria, then I want to be able to use those in my flash application).

Thanks for your patience and help.

Kevin