From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Geografiek
Sent: woensdag 8 juni 2011 14:21
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: [Flashcoders] as3 component screen redraw

Hi list,
In a large project I encounter a strange problem, which I don't know how to
tackle.
The project is almost done and only now it appears that a significant part
of the targetted users view the project on a thin client with NX (?
completely out of my league here).
On 'normal' computers the project behaves as expected but on thin clients
somethimes (not always) there are problems:
>From what I have seen this is what happens:
- the project loads properly, pulling in all external assets
- regular Flash AS3 components do not redraw properly but behave as expected
(e.g.: a button is not drawn on screen but for its label (with wrong font).
But clicking the button label results in expected behaviour.
I know nothing about thin clients, except from what wikipedia learns me (one
of their drawbacks is poor multimedia performance) and, of course trouble
shooting is next to impossible as I have no access to a thin client.

My questions:
Does this sound familiar to anybody?
Is there anything I can do from the flash side?
TIA
Willem van den Goorbergh
ps
I put 2 screenshots online at
www.geografiek.nl/anderen/test/test110608thinClient
The lower image is what most users see, the upper image is what some thin
client users see

Geografiek is a Dutch, Utrecht-based map and chart design company.
Willem van den Goorbergh can be contacted by telephone: (+31)30-2719512 or
cell phone: (+31)6-26372378 or by fax: (+31)302719687 snail mail:
Hooghiemstraplein 89 3514 AX UTRECHT Visit our website at: www.geografiek.nl
twitter: @wvdgoorbergh