Since your nodes are empty, you are, in fact, retrieving everything you can
by getting the attributes. You could get all the attributes at once with
something like this:

var imageAttributes:XMLList;
var attribArray:Array = new Array();
var children:XMLList = xmlData.children();

   foreach(var child:XML in children)
   {
      imageAttributes = (XMLData.asset.attributes());
      attribArray.push(imageAttributes);
   }

Or, you could restructure your XML file to something like this:
<asset type="IMAGE" url="www.google.com" size="1000">
   <fileName>
      googlefilename
   </fileName>
</asset>

This is untested e-mail AS3, so there are likely bugs in it, but that's the
approach I would use.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson