Hey List, looking for some feedback.

Struggling with a utility function and input validation.

*  function ( ar1:Array, ar2:Array ) :Array*

   1. Should I throw an error if either of the input arrays are empty? or
   should I just let the function run (effectively doing nothing)?
   2. Should I throw an error if an input would cause bizarre results (but
   not cause any exceptions of its own)?
   3. My input arrays can have multiple data types in them, and at runtime I
   must make sure that they are of a type I can expect. If I run across an
   element that I cannot accept, is that when I should throw an error?

Here's some specific examples:

   1. if ar1 and ar2 share the same object reference, I know that this
   function will produce results that can get pretty strange. Should I throw an
   error if that happens?
   2. if ar1 has the same object reference twice or more, I am currently
   throwing an error, but it technically won't cause and problems, but the
   output will be strange

--
Ktu;

The information contained in this message may or may not be privileged
and/or confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, congratulations,
you got mail!