Okay, just so you know what I am getting at here...

Since your only requirement was submitting it to youtube, you can record the pixels from the parent sprite or movie clip on a frame event, or when a MainGameLoop function is called by a timer, and using available libraries in as3 encode it to an flv.

If you need to do something where more need an auto submission to you tube for a ton of swf files, then you need would obviously need something more suitable; yet, I haven't ever had to do that before, so all I can suggest is that you look into the swf to avi libraries that come up on google.