try this:

divers_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, function(e:MouseEvent):void
{ e.target.gotoAndStop("OVER");});

---- Karl DeSaulniers <k...@designdrumm.com> schreef:
So will this work?

divers_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, function()
{ this.gotoAndStop("OVER");});

I mean. Will this = divers_btn? or do I HAVE to specify
divers_btn.gotoAndStop()?
After all I am applying the listener to it.

@jason Not that I am going to continue with annon functions, just
currious.

Basically, I am trying to set up the listener for the buttons to be
generic for the buttons hover states.
Then specify data for the click state per button.

So if
button1_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, toggleB1(1));
doesnt work, how do I specify which frame to move to.
Trying to set up a toggle if you will. I DONT want to have to create a
function for EVERY state for EVERY button I have.
That just seems stupid to me to have to do. Very bloated IMO.

Best,

Karl

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm