I have emailed with attachments, but it involved a PHP file that put the email
together and attached the file as base64 then sent it on its way. Might be a
good approach for you as well. Then you can just have your iOS app send just a
form request. PDF attachments can get tricky though. Sometimes the encryption
messes with the layout of the PDF. As long as it wasn't a really complex PDF it
sent no problem, but mine were custom layouts with graphics and tables, etc. I
did get it to work finally though. Once emailed, the customer could view the
PDF in their email automatically with the built in PDF viewer in the iOS.

Best,
Karl

Sent from losPhone