Hi folks,

Le Fri 26 May 23, 11:49, Stefan Tauner a écrit :
> On Thu, 25 May 2023 17:14:23 -0600
> Martin L Roth <gauml...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That said, it sounds like you're not going to let the drama go away.
>
> Please stop with this passive aggressiveness. I have said what I had to
> say because I stumbled about this "news" by accident and although I
> have not contributed in any meaningful way for years, as a previous
> maintainer who has invested thousands of hours I am still somewhat
> emotionally bound to the project and simply had to speak up - if at all
> to give some feedback that very obviously is needed - in the hope that
> it triggers some reflection. I read "keeping the drama down" as
> sweeping the problem under the carpet and that's exactly what I have
> criticized. There is nothing more for me to say at this point.

Even though I've never been a very active contributor to flashrom,
I've been keeping an eye on the mailing list every now and then.
When catching up today, I was very surprised to read Anastasia's email and
follow-up exchanges.

While I have nothing to say about the decision itself, I need to emphasis
that communication around it feels very opaque and lacks any kind of reference
besides vague statements. This kind of drastic decision can only be perceived
as acceptable if it comes with precise and documented accounts of related
wrong-doings as well as a clear account of how the decision was taken and
by whom. Even the title of the thread is very misleading.

So I wanted to express my disappointment and hope that such mistakes will
not happen again in the future. I also hope that members of the community
who were involved in this decision and the communication around it realize
how it was perceived by other members of the community who are not part
of these circles.

This is not meant to be an attack on the project's leadership or the legitimacy
of the decision that was taken, just feedback about how the communication
around it feels from a semi-external point of view.

All the best,

Paul

--
Developer of free digital technology and hardware support.

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/