Well you can use the example i sent earlier and work on it to make it cut
out the underlying area....

 Get the BitmapData from the dimensions of the Rectangle that is drawn and
add it on stage. You can try some AIR examples of screen capture to know how
to get the BitmapData.

-- Jeethu Karthik J
  http://jeethukarthik.com

George Bernard Shaw  - "Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it
on children."