Thanks a lot Sangeeta. I didn't notice this method escape() which was
just next method in the documentation!!
It is not fully equivalent to the Java API as it doesn't encode @ + /
Fortunately these are encoded by encodeURIComponent () method. I think
I need to use combination of these two methods.

Thanks.