Hi everyone,

I am in dire need of being able to call a C++ app or service on Mac
from flex. I am willing to go the AIR way for this though that's not
optimal. I have spent some time trying to figure out the Netscape
plugin architecture which is supported on safari but it's sub-optimal
for me to go that route.

I already have a C++ dll that I have invoked with flex on the Windows
side using an Active/X plugin successfully. Now I need to compile the
dll into some format on Mac and then communicate back and forth with
flex.

I have seen some open source bridge projects that enclose flash player
in an MFC object but that doesn't help me on mac.

Is it as simple as doing some Netstream class from flex to connect to
either an app or a service (if there are services on Mac like there
are on Windows) and just do a localhost communication back and forth?
If so, what are the limitations of such approaches? Any sample apps
out there?

Regards
Priyanka