Hi Frnds,

I am working on developing a application in Flex, which will be
accessed only by our employees only .So in order to follow modular
approach, I have split the  main application into many mxml files. But
then I often come across 'Access to undefined property' error when my
accessing objects across 2 mxml files.

For e.g. My Tilelist is filtered by combobox and they are both in
separate mxml files.So In order to  access the combobox selected
Index, I have to instantiate  the relevant mxml file.

myItem.mxml

<mx:Script>
  var myshop :Shop = new Shop()   // shop contains definition of
combobox

   function filterfunction() {
     if (item.price >= myshop.combobox.selectedindex.rangestart){
               -----
              ------
        }
    }
<mx:/script>

<mx:TileList ...>

</mx:TileList >

And now I have many such instantiations all over the place  and too
many public variables...and that conflicts the theory of
encapsulation. Is there a better way of doing this ?

Please advise.

Kshama