  From: Naresh
  To: flex_india@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 8:58 PM
  Subject: [flex_india:25667] Re: Fw: [flex_india:25612] Flex Memory Consumption

  hi,
  How can i increase performance of application ,my application taking lot of
memory.
  Please let  me know how can i optimize the memory performance.

  Thanks and regards,
  Naresh.

  On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Abhinav Mehta <mehta.88...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Again,

    Anyways a sample program to demonstrate the concept->

    -------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!-- optimize/ShowTotalMemory.mxml -->
    <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
    initialize="initTimer()">
       <mx:Script><![CDATA[
           import flash.utils.Timer;
           import flash.events.TimerEvent;

           [Bindable]
           public var time:Number = 0;
           [Bindable]
           public var totmem:Number = 0;
           [Bindable]
           public var maxmem:Number = 0;

           public function initTimer():void {
               // The first parameter is the interval (in milliseconds). The
               // second parameter is number of times to run (0 means
    infinity).
               var myTimer:Timer = new Timer(1000, 0);
               myTimer.addEventListener("timer", timerHandler);
               myTimer.start();
           }

           public function timerHandler(event:TimerEvent):void {
               time = getTimer()
               totmem = flash.system.System.totalMemory;
               maxmem = Math.max(maxmem, totmem);
           }
       ]]></mx:Script>
       <mx:Form>