You need to register event listener to stop the dragging in the same
function

Here I am sending the sample code

public function startChangePosition(event:MouseEvent):void
 {
stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE, stopDragging);
stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, stopDragging);

                        // do the required action
        }
public function stopDragging(event:MouseEvent):void
{
 if(event.type==MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP)
{
stage.removeEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE, stopDragging);
 stage.removeEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, stopDragging);
 }

                      // do the required action
       }

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM, mkokadwar <mkokad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you need a mouse release outside kind of functionality.
> Unfortunately releaseOutside is not available in AS3. Visit following
> like, it may help you.
>

> http://frankieloscavio.blogspot.com/2007/09/flex-2-mouse-event-release-outside.html
>
> - Mahesh Kokadwar
>
> On Feb 19, 10:15 am, Amit <amitindor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >               i have a problem  in dragging.in case of Mouse Up it
> > will stop dragging and on Mouse Down it will start dragging. but when
> > i put it down and make mouse out of the window and release this  and
> > then  when i am  again going to that window it is not leaving
> > dragging.In this case of Mouse Up dragging is enabled, so how do i
> > overcome to this problem,
> > please give me suggestions or hint or source code.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Amit
>
> --