Hello,

There are to type of server requests you can fire from the client to the
server, synchronous and asynchronous.

If you fire a Synchronous call, your client waits for the server to return
with the result, server would either return with result or throw an error or
will time out.

If you fire a Asynchronous call to the server, the client invokes the call
and forgets about the result of the call, if you assign a function to wait
for the result of the call, then once server returns with the result, the
function gets executed, in brief your client program doesnt wait for the
server to return to proceed with the execution of the program.

On a side note, there is no distinction between the subject line and the
content of your thread, such a subject line doesnt help the person who might
want to answer the question for you, you could have briefly titled the
subject as "client - server call", "client server communication", neither
your thread explains the problem clearly, the person would keep guessing the
approaches you are experimenting with, you have also not mentioned any
sample code to explain your problem. Please follow the basic
group etiquette to make the discussions more effective and avoid creating
such threads.

Thank you.

Saurabh
www.saurabhnarula.com