I understand that you would want to explore other options for
generating pdfs on the fly, but would you explain why wouldnt you
choose alivePDF and what are its limitations?
And why in your view, generating pdf using alivePDF is not good
enough? are you facing any difficulties?

-Saurabh
http://bliog.saurabhnarula.com/