Create new MXML Skin for panel
Then put it anywhere in the project, for Host Component you want to
find the Spark Panel, keep the create as copy of the PanelSkin.  Then
just find that code you posted earlier and change the gradiant as you
need to. Then in the Application code make sure the skinClass style of
the Panel is set to whatever you named the Skin.