Check out this logic

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009";
   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600">
 <fx:Script>
<![CDATA[
protected function button1_mouseOverHandler(event:MouseEvent):void
{
var target:Button = event.target as Button;
 if ( target.filters == null )
target.toolTip = null;
else
target.toolTip = "Here is the disabled Icon";
}
]]>
</fx:Script>
 <fx:Declarations>
<!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->
</fx:Declarations>
 <mx:Button label="Disabled Icon"
mouseOver="button1_mouseOverHandler(event)"  />
</s:Application>