Hi
First I tell you what is the present scenario.
I have an application which was not created using modules. It was developed
years back. Now the application size has grown larger. When we compile it
we get a singe swf file which is 5 MB in size. It takes so much time to
load on the browser. Its the only swf in the debug folder. The compile time
is also much more.
Now my task is to do both, reduce the compile time as much as possible and
also make it faster on the browser.
So far I have done these things
1. I tried to look for loitering objects using flashbuilder profiler tool
and found some of them. Then I assigned the objects to null as soon as its
job was finished. I couldn't find the weak references. This has reduce
memory leaks at many places.
2. Use of setStyle() is not the best way, so for that I used the styles in
css. But do not know how much the performance will be improved.
3. We have been using embedded images for each button to show the skins for
mouse hover, mouse click operations. This creates unnecessary images in the
assets folder. As part of solution I tried to use a skinClass for the
buttons. It has styles for mouse over, mouse click operations. One
advantage is that we can get rid of all the button images inside the assets
folder. But for each button one object of skinClass will be created. Is it
a nice idea or I am doing something wrong here?
4. I also tried to put all the css files and images inside separate swc and
link it as RSL in the project. It reduces the overall swf size and compile
time is also reduced but not sure about the performance, will check it.
5. Is there anything else which I can do to reduce the compile time and
increase the performance or if there is anything which I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Nitin