I have a SWF that I load into a Flex application. When I apply a resize effect
to it, the SWF doesn't just resize nice and smoothly, but appears to "struggle"
to resize because (I think) it redraws itself repeatedly during the effect. The
"redrawing", for lack of a better phrase, is more frequent when the mouse
pointer hits a text field or any content within the SWF.

My predecessor, who wrote the original code, took a snap shot of the SWF as a
Bitmap and would then resize those and upon EffectEnd would swap back in the
real SWF - which seems like a stupid amount of work for a Flash movie in a Flex
app. It would seem to me that Adobe has a more efficient solution for this, or
perhaps a solution isn't needed, but instead we're not approaching the problem
in the best manner.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David