From: Valy Sivec [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 12:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Submit an editable grid

Peter,

Thank you for your message. I fixed the problem and what I have done is to iterate the datagrid provider  and dump it into an array of AS2 value objects.  and call the remote object like :

function saveDataGrid()

{

var gridLines:Array = new Array();

for( var cnt:Number = 0 ; cnt< resultSearchDataGrid.dataProvider.length ; cnt++)

{

var individual: Individual = new Individual();

individual.indi_first_name= resultSearchDataGrid.dataProvider[cnt].indi_first_name;

individual.indi_last_name= resultSearchDataGrid.dataProvider[cnt].indi_last_name;

individual.indi_dob_long = resultSearchDataGrid.dataProvider[cnt].indi_dob_long;

individual.asset_values = resultSearchDataGrid.dataProvider[cnt].asset_values;

gridLines[cnt] = individual;

}

oscRO.saveIndi( gridLines );

}

The server side method is   public void saveIndi( Object[] list);

Is this redundant?
Thanks,
Valy

Peter Farland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What does the API for the "save" method on the RemoteObject service look like?  If it is based on something generic, like java.util.Map, then it might leave a type as flashgateway.io.ASObject (which extends java.util.HashMap). If it's ArrayList, then it might not spot that it needs to make a conversion either. Try changing the API to an Array of YourValueObjectType....

        public boolean save(YourValueObjectType[] updates);