Guys…the problem with my input is it’s coming in from the RSS feed like this:  “JPMorgan’s Vice President blah blah blah” as the title of the article and when I set that title string to the value of the mx:Link labels’ value, it the title ends up looking like “JPMorgan's Vice President blah blah blah”  Why is this happening?  I’m getting the apostrophe unencoded from the feed but the label attribute of the mx:Link component is encoding it.  I haven’t tried reversing this process…maybe I’ll go try that to first encode the titles coming from the feed and then passing the encoded string to the label attribute.  But from what you guys are saying, that won’t work either.  I don’t understand how the label aatribute of the mx:Link component is encoding the string…I’m not asking it to…shouldn’t it just display exactly what I’m sending it? Bizarre.

From: Manish Jethani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 3:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] mx:Link component

JesterXL wrote:
> It's because the Link component's labelis not html enabled.

Why, this seems to work fine for me:

  <mx:Link id="link" />
  <mx:Button label="Set Link Label" click="setLinkLabel()" />
  <mx:Script>
    function setLinkLabel()
    {
       link.label = "Manish&apos;s link";
    }
  </mx:Script>

I think the problem is somewhere else.

Christophe's blog reader example uses resultFormat="object" (default),
which doesn't seem to have this problem.

Manish

This message contains information from Merlin Securities, LLC, or from one of its affiliates, that may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, pleaserefrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by replying to this transmission.

Merlin Securities, LLC is a registered broker-dealer. Services offered through Merlin Securities, LLC are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government Agency, are not deposits of or guaranteed by Merlin Securities, LLC and may lose value. Nothing in this communication shall constitute a solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell a particular security.