Yep, looks like we only pass you the values, not the object for the rows themselves.  Guess you’ll need to set sortOnHeaderRelease to false and instead call sortItems yourself with a custom compareFunc.

Matt

From: Robin Hilliard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 9:26 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] DataGridColumn sortCompareFunction arguments dual personality

Hello,

Check the end of the flex 1.5 release notes:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flex/1_5/
releasenotes.html

You'll see a code example for the callback function set as the
sortCompareFunction of a data grid column.  In this example the a and b
arguments passed to the callback are used sometimes as row objects, and
sometimes as string values of the cell in the column being sorted.  My
experimentation shows that the latter is thecase, which is a pain if
your sorting algorithm involves multiple columns of the datagrid. An
obvious example of where you would want to do this is when someone
clicks on a flight price column you might want to order by price and
within price by departure time.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  I can feel an ugly hack coming on.

Robin