Sorry Robin i have found your link.
cheers
Devis

Robin Hilliard ha scritto:

Hi Devis,

Here's an example of why delegates are useful on the client. Our current Flex project is based on an existing XML backend. We have one service with a single "send()" method to send XML strings up to the server and get XML string responses. Because this will probably change in the medium term we don't want to expose our client code to the XML, so we modified the delegate by adding an onResult handler which parses the XML string into value objects before forwarding them to the original responder. Later on if the server changes only our delegates will be affected (and greatly simplified). Using delegates gave us the "elbow room" to make these modifications without impacting the rest of our client application.

In another Flash project we're working on the client development is ahead of the server development, so our delegates return dummy test data to the responder so that client development can continue.

You don't want to roll the delegate code into commands or elsewhere because multiple commands may reuse the same delegate.

In Cairngorm you would pass the array of customer vos back to the command that invoked the delegate. The command would then populate the view via a view helper (to keep the UI at "arms length" from the commands) - the view helper would either set the dataProvider directly or perhaps a public property of a view that was then bound to the dataGrid's dataProvider property.

Did you see the sample Cairngorm application I posted earlier this week?

Cheers,
Robin
http://www.rocketboots.com.au