hey thanks, seems to be it, the samples config file was in the
samples install dir...

saying that...(my samples are on an e:\sites\ drive where all my
website folders are while the cf/flex files are in the
c:\cfusionmx\wwwroot\web-inf\flex dir)...when i deploy flex apps is
the main config file always added to or can you contain flex apps in
their own sub dirs with their own config files, etc. (which is how i
have it now).

also, i see the {context.root} all over the config file...am i
supposed to edit this to a mention a path?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Peter Farland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> This means Flex's proxy couldn't find a service
called "FormatSourceService"