Hi Abdul

Can you have a look at the attached mxml file. This is regarding setting
focus to a combobox.

If you open the mxml in a browser and click on the go button, you get an
alert message. Now acknowledge the alert by pressing the space bar. The
focus does not go to the combo box i.e. clicking the down arrow does
nothing. Click on the go button again. Now acknowledge the alert message
by clicking on the ok button. Now press the down arrow and you find that
the combobox gets the select event and you can see the values changing.

Why is there a difference in behaviour depending on how we acknowledge
the alert message

Note: we are able to set focus to the combobox if we generate the alert
message from flex but are unable to set focus to combobox if the alert
message is generated from a javascript function, which is invoked on
clicking a button.

Another observation: we unable to set focus to a textinput if the alert
message is being generated from a javascript function. Our existing
application has numerous instances of alert messages being generated
from javascript functions. So changing all these to alert messages from
flex may not be acceptable

Your inputs please

Srikanth