Well, my guess would be that it didn't affect the Flashplayer
directly. Java is used to create the SWF that is passed to the
Flashplayer though so maybe some difference in the version was
creating a SWF that wasn't quite right for the Linux flash player?

M.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:31:35 +0100, Christoph Guse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> despite my answer from yesterday I updated the linux box to jdk1.5.0_02
> and tomcat 5.5.7. The problem disappeared. I'm astonished. Wich effect
> can the JVM have to the Flashplayer?
>
> Greets
> Christoph
>
> James Ward schrieb:
>
> > Perhaps the difference is JVM version?  Are you running the latest on
> > your linux box?
> >
> > -James
> >

> > On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 16:24 +0100, Christoph Guse wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > I have a weird problem with my app. I'm using Flex and Flash in Linux.
> > > But let me explain as good I can.
> > >
> > > On the picture you can see a part of my application. It is a DataGrid
> > > with a CellRenderer I did on my own. Every row stands for a job to do.
> > > As you can see every  CellRenderer has 5 item: a title, start date
> > > (Anfang), end date (fertig bis), priority (Priorität) and status
> > > (Status). Every item comes from a JobObject an is formatted by the
> > > CellRenderer. The two dates are formatted by the same DateFormatter
> > > the CellRenderer gets by a ViewHelper (I use the
> > > Cairngrom-architecture). When I format only one Date, as in the
> > > screenshot, in the Linux Flashplayer everything is ok. It doesn't
> > > matter if I format the stard date or the end date. If I format both
> > > dates, my machine is in a infinite loop. The browser doesn't matter,
> > > it is in Firefox and Konqueror.
> > > In Windows there is absolutely no problem with two dates, I checked
> > > that with a Windows XP box which is slower than the linux box.
> > >
> > > Some information of the Linux box:
> > > Suse 9.2, Kernel 2.6.8-x
> > > Flashplayer 7.0.25
> > > Flex 1.5
> > > 1 GB RAM
> > >
> > > I want to use Linux and I have to use Linux, so I need a solution for
> > > that problem. Perhaps there is a newer Linux Flashplayer?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Christoph
> > >
> > > screenshot
> > > --
> > > ****************************************
> > >  Christoph Guse
> > >  Löhstraße 34
> > >  41747 Viersen
> > >  Tel.  0 21 62 / 50 24 066
> > >  Mobil   01 72 / 160 74 84
> > >  VoIP  0 12 12 / 39 64 48 831
> > > ****************************************
> >

> > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> > click here
> > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129m4hudc/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007207:HM/EXP=1111522224/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

> >       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >       <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

>  Christoph Guse
>  Löhstraße 34
>  41747 Viersen
>  Tel.  0 21 62 / 50 24 066
> [...]

Matthew Alan Shirey
Software Engineer
Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology
Washington State University
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 5-0476