I have that problem as well but didn't want to mention it because it
was too hard to explain and I thought it might be a symptom of the
compiler error issue.  And I also have referneces between .as files
and .mxml files.

But this is very scary because at runtime you have binding not working
but otherwise the code runs ... which leads to weird downstream logic
errors .. but no flex errors.

Yes please send me the reproduction info.

Do you have any suggestions as to what to look for .. either in the
flex code or in the generated As code (which I've never looked at
before).  Anything that would help to isolate my problem and then
target a workaround would be helpful.

Thanks