Title: Message
If all you want to do is get myProperty_Changed() to execute when the app does MyClass.myProperty=5, you don't necessarily need any events.

"Getter" and "setter" functions let you execute code when you read or write a property:

    // storage for myProperty property
    private var _myProperty;

    // The getter function executes when somebody does value = myClass.myProperty;
    public function get myProperty
    {
        return _myProperty
    };

    // The setter function executes when somebody does myClass.myProperty = value
    public function set myProperty(value)
    {
        _myProperty = value;

        // Perform some side effects
        myProperty_Changed();
    }

If you really need to dispatch an event, you would call dispatchEvent() in the setter.

- Gordon