I tried to implement both of these clocks and, when I ran them, both
gave errors in createChildren function.  It seems that it is
referencing a method that is not in scope or does not exist.

The error reads "There is no method with the
name 'createClassChildAtDepthWithStyles'."

Once I commented out this method call, the clock works.  However, it
is not displayed in design view and I'm not sure it is supposed to.

Bill

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Fifield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Manish posted a good article from the Macromedia Devnet Flex site:
> http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flex/articles/creating_comp.html
>
> I have yet to go through the article in detail and try it out with
my own
> home-brewed component. From a quick scan it looks quite in depth,
but
> simple.
>
> I'll let you know how I get on.
>
> Regards,
> Simon

Developing Flex
> Apps, but none of these really covers creating components in
actionscript
> from scratch through to more advanced components at reasonable
steps. Some
> of the more basic examples that are given require you to draw a
circle in
> Flash first - I don't want to (and I know I shouldn't) have to use
Flash to
> create a basic custom component.
>
>   I would like a more in-depth discussion of what the various
sizes are -
> _measuredXXX, preferredXXX, defaultXXX properties etc
>   A clearer explanation of the instantiation and display
order/process.
>   Perhaps a breakdown of some existing components that have both
been built
> from scratch and has extended other components.
>
>   Anyone else finding this topic hard going like me?
>

>   Kind Regards,
>
>   Simon Fifield
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.