From: james_d_mercer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:35 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: RemoteObjects and UI within UI problem

P.S.  In addition to my last post:

Do you have a services file in your parent app and another one in
your child app?  If so, that would be your first problem.  The
ServiceLocator class with throw an exception if it is created
twice :)  good luck!

Dustin Mercer

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Dustin,

> Thanks for sharing that information. Yes I did run into the
width/height
> troubles, but I saw that setting the exact width and height of the
> nighthawk.mxml caused it to appear properly when loaded within the
> phoenix.mxml.

> Now back to the problem, one thing I forgot to mention the first
time
> around was that since I am using Cairngorm, I have the following
> declaration in the nighthawk.mxml:

> <core:Services id="services" />

> Which is  a component that contains all my RemoteObject
definitions. If
> I leave that line in the nighthawk.mxml, when loaded into Phoenix,
> nothing appears. Remove that line and it does appear. I then took
the
> single RO and put it directly in the nighthawk.mxml and was doing
> Application.application.queryServices to use it, but like you
explained
> below, using Application.application in a UI within a UI scenario
> references the top level UI and thus does not work. So anyways, I
tried
> to work around this in several ways and it still doesn't work, the
UI
> loads via the Loader, but no remote calls every get made.

> You are right however, the Loader component may need some
enhancement. I
> am using it now in this fashion in order to accomplish single sign
on.
> Also, I know that the child UI can reference the parent UI, but
there
> does not seem to be a specific way for the parent to tell the
child to
> do something (or invoke a method on it).

> Did you ever get it to work at all in your case?

> Jimmy Gianninas
> Software Developer - Optimal Payments Inc.

>   _____

nighthawk.mxml
> (Child Component), it actually points to the
> mx.core.Application.application of phoenix.mxml (Parent
Application).
> It is because of static variable issues between the apps.  Loader
is
> extremely cool, but IMHO unusable for what you are trying to
accomplish.
> Macromedia has to give some sort of new component, revamp the
loader, or
> give us guidelines on using loaders properly.  I had the same
issues
> when I tried to accomplish this.  Maybe someone else has some
> suggestions on how to get loaders working properly:-).
>

> P.S.  there are also major sizing issues if you want to use
percentage
> widths and heights on an application being loaded from a loader.
Just
> FYI
>

>   _____

nothing
> happens. The nighthawk.mxml works perfectly on its own however.
>

> Anyone have any insight?
>

> Jimmy Gianninas
>
> Software Developer - Optimal Payments Inc.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> click here

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1292d0h6l/M=298184.6191685.7192823.30011
76/

D=groups/S=1705007207:HM/EXP=1111279701/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*
htt