Oh, yeah that might not work on a popup.  Can you just pass the component through to the first TitleWindow like the example does and then when it pops the 2nd TitleWindow do the same thing?  Otherwise you probably have to walk down from the top to reach it, Application.application.comp1.comp2…

Matt

From: stevenkeys2003 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:25 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: referencing id in parent titlewindow from another titlewindow?

Matt, tried out parentDocument with no luck. syntax?

The scenario I'm trying to replicate, but in a different way, comes
from livedocs. The major difference being I'm not starting on the main
app level, but from a different TitleWindow.

code from livedocs:
Passing data to a pop-up TitleWindow container

To make the custom component that defines your TitleWindow container
more flexible, you might want to pass data to it or return data from
it. For example, the following application opens a pop-up TitleWindow
container and passes to it a reference to a component in the
Application container so that the custom component can write its
results back to the container:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml">

  <mx:Script>
     <![CDATA[
         import mx.containers.TitleWindow;
         import mx.core.Application;

         function showName()
         {
            var pop1:TitleWindow =
TitleWindow(popupWindow(MyLogin_passdata,
            {title:'Enter Name', closeButton:true, parentComponent:
this.TA1}));
         }
     ]]>
  </mx:Script>

  <mx:VBox width="300" height="500">
    <mx:Button click="showName()" label="Enter name" />
    <mx:TextArea id="TA1" />
  </mx:VBox>
</mx:Application>

The custom component in the following example defines a variable to
hold the reference to the parent component, then uses that reference
to update the parent component:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:TitleWindow xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml"
   click="deletePopUp()">

   <mx:Script>
      <![CDATA[
         var parentComponent;
         function submitData()
         {
            parentComponent.text="You entered: " + inputText.text;
         }
      ]]>
   </mx:Script>

  <mx:VBox>
      <mx:Label text="Enter your name" />
      <mx:TextInput id="inputText" width="100"/>
      <mx:Button label="Send Data" click="submitData();
this.deletePopUp();" />
   </mx:VBox>
</mx:TitleWindow>

Now, in my case this doesn't work of course, because I'm starting from
a TitleWindow. If someone can provide some code examples of one
TitleWindow changing props of a container in another TitleWindow.. or
doing anything.. it'd be much appreciated. I need two TitleWindows to
talk to one another, and have so far been unsuccessful.

-Steve

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129f3en04/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr

oups/S=1705007207:HM/EXP=1112211794/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n