>> - remote shared libraries, at least in Flash, are downloaded once; they
are
>> just like loaded movies in that they are cached, but in RSL's case, it's
>> treated (for code purposes) as the same SWF. It should use the cached SWF
>> each time, same as loadMovie (unless you append a random date;
>> SharedLibraries don't work like that; you use them, you don't load them)

> So its as if i embedded them inside the swf via Flash MX IDE, and use
> attach movie each time? is that what your getting at? I thought they
> worked like shared libraries, where they become seperate swf that
> multiple swfs can use ..kind of like a pack file of assets that all
> other assets can feed off of?

You understanding abour RSL is correct. RSL means shared SWF, you can keep
common stuff in a RSL and different Flex app(from same domain) can use it.
Once RSL is download to client's machine, it can be used by several apps...

Please read the RSL section in Flex docs...

 http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/flex_docs_en/00001158.htm

-abdul

--
Regards,