For really fine grained sorting you can sort the dataProvider in action script and use Array.sortOn.

DataGrid has sortItemsBy.

DataGrid is supposed to recognize numeric columns and sort accordingly.  If it is not working, make sure you really have numbers and not strings that look like numbers.

Tracy

From: Matthew Shirey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 7:50 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Sort Order in a DataGrid

Might someone point me in the right direction for altering the sort order method(s) for a DataGrid?  It's currently annoying litteral.  I'd like to alter it so it is case insensitive.  Currently the column orders somewhat like this:

.

.

.

.

.

while I'd like it to order like:

etc...

I hope someone can throw me in the right direction, thanks!

-- Matthew