This may be a stupid question, but if your flex app is wrapped in in a
jsp file (using something like <mm:mxml source="..."/>) can you access
variables in request scope?  Or can you pass selected variables into a
flex app?

I got around it by having initialize="callHttpServiceToGetInitData()" in
my <mx:Application>, but this seemed like a bit of a code smell.

cheers

Dan