You can send an ActionScript Object instance via RemoteObject - the
server side representation will be a flashgateway.io.ASObject instance
which implements java.util.Map (and actually extends java.util.HashMap).

-----Original Message-----
From: Doodi, Hari - BLS CTR [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:54 PM
To: 'flexcoders@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: [flexcoders] Error: flashgateway.io.ASObject

Hi all,
        I am getting "Error: flashgateway.io.ASObject" error message
displayed on weblogic server console when I try to send data back to
java
class to save on to database. Can't I pass Object class object over to
java
class thru flashgateway using RemoteObject ? I appreciate any
explanation.
Basically I want to pass data back to database. Ant Alternative
methods??

Here is snippet of my mxml file .....
<mx:RemoteObject id="mngScheduleController"
source="controllers.MngScheduleController" showBusyCursor="true">
        <mx:method name="saveSchedTerms" result="alert('Data Updated')"
fault="showError(event.fault.faultString)"></mx:method>
  </mx:RemoteObject>
<mx:Button label="Save" click="saveData()" />

Here is function in my .as file..
function saveData()
{
        var prodObj:Object = new Object();
        prodObj.itemsid = "1168960";
        prodObj.irm = "200404";
        prodObj.typeofsale = typeofsale.selectedItem.value;
        prodObj.dfbuyer = dfbuyer.selectedItem.value;
        prodObj.buyerbox = buyerbox.selectedItem.value;
        prodObj.typeofbuyuerdetail = typeofbuyuerdetail.text;
        prodObj.contractterms = contractterms.text;
        prodObj.freight = freight.selectedItem.value;
        prodObj.freightdetail = freightdetail.text;
        prodObj.blscontract = blscontract.text;
        prodObj.sizeofshipment = sizeofshipment.text;
        prodObj.sizeoforder = sizeoforder.text;

        mngScheduleController.saveSchedTerms(prodObj);
}
Thanks!
Hari