Hey Dan,

have you tried looking at catalina.out?

Also if you have turned on all of the debugging on the flex-config how
about running the NetConnectionDebugger ? It will help monitor all
remoteObject calls and the result/fault returns from your java backend.

You can find it in your flex install directory
/extras/netConnectionDebugger/

Andrew

btw I use Flex 1.5, Tomcat 4.1.30, Windows XP