Hi,

Has anyone seen this behavior?  I'm using Tomcat 5.5.7, and I have a
web app configured with FORM authentication, which uses a custom
mxml-based form.

The authentication piece works great, but I can't get the userId
from the HttpRequest.getUserPrincipal().getName() consistently. The
first call to getUserPrincipal() returns a null. This is not suppose
to happen unless the user is not authenticated, but they have been.
What's even more strange is that if I refresh the page, the
getUserPrincipal() call then returns the userId as expected.
The RO is basically doing the following:

 HttpRequest request = flashgateway.Gateway.getHttpRequest();
 String userId = request.getUserPrincipal().getName();

I know there are some inconsistencies re: Tomcat and the
getUserPrincipal() call but I thought that was fixed in 5.5.7...is
there another way to do this natively in ActionScript to bypass the
RO? Any other suggestions are welcomed.

As always, TIA for any info.

Regards,
Rob